Two Men Charged for Stealing Memorial Plaques from Across Brampton
Peel Regional Police have reported two men have been charged with stealing memorial plaques from across Brampton.
At the end of April, 33 bronze memorial plaques were stolen from parks across Brampton including Kiwanis Memorial Park and Chinguacousy Park’s peace garden.
Fourteen of the 33 plaques were recently located in a scrapyard and two men have been charged with possession of stolen property obtained by crime.
Riccardo Polocicchio, 27, of Brampton was charged on May 21 and Wayne Stealy, 45, of Toronto was charged on May 19.
Both of them have court dates set for June.
The recovered plaques have since been returned to the parks they were stolen from.
Cover photo credit: Reddit user Stiverton
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle in Brampton
- Multiple coyotes have been spotted in Brampton
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Brampton
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA