Two Men Charged for Stealing Memorial Plaques from Across Brampton
Peel Regional Police have reported two men have been charged with stealing memorial plaques from across Brampton.
At the end of April, 33 bronze memorial plaques were stolen from parks across Brampton including Kiwanis Memorial Park and Chinguacousy Park’s peace garden.
Fourteen of the 33 plaques were recently located in a scrapyard and two men have been charged with possession of stolen property obtained by crime.
Riccardo Polocicchio, 27, of Brampton was charged on May 21 and Wayne Stealy, 45, of Toronto was charged on May 19.
Both of them have court dates set for June.
The recovered plaques have since been returned to the parks they were stolen from.
Cover photo credit: Reddit user Stiverton
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crews on scene for fire at abandoned Brampton residence
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Application process for emergency benefits for workers begins this morning
- Trudeau says emergency benefit will be expanded to include other workers