Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Brampton Theft
Two Mississauga men are facing charges following a bold theft in Brampton.
Police report that the two suspects are facing charges after a tractor-trailer and stolen electronics were located, via GPS technology, in Pickering.
On Sunday, April 9, at approximately 8:30 a.m., officers were dispatched to Clements Road for a stolen tractor-trailer based on information from a GPS system in the truck. Officers located the truck and suspects in a commercial area.
The driver was arrested and the passenger fled on foot, but was arrested without incident after a short chase. After a short foot pursuit, the passenger was arrested without incident.
The tractor-trailer and electronics were stolen overnight in Brampton.
Police recovered $300,000 in stolen electronics inside the stolen trailer.
Now, 32-year-old Gurdeep Merwar and 35-year-old Rupinder Dhaliwal, both of Redstone Road in Mississauga, have been charged with theft of a trailer over $5000, two counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 and theft of motor vehicle over $5000.
Anyone with new information about this incident is asked to contact Cst. Browell at West Division at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2521.
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Overnight stabbing in Brampton prompts police inviestigation
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- City of Brampton unveils new park name sign
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Man Arrested in Connection With Massive Avocado Theft
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicles and Drug Possession
- OPP Arrest And Charge Brampton Man With Possession Of Stolen Property
- Three Males Arrested Following Vehicle Theft in Brampton
- Part of Major Road Closed Due to Tractor Trailer Crash