Two People Charged With Drug and Firearm Offences in Brampton
Two people are facing charges in connection with a drug and firearm-related incident in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018, at approximately 10:50 p.m., a traffic stop was conducted on a vehicle in the Tomken Road and Steeles Avenue area.
During the course of the investigation, police allege a male occupant attempted to swallow some narcotics in an attempt to destroy evidence.
Police say that after a brief struggle, the male was arrested.
Officers allege they located a 9mm firearm over the course of the incident.
Police say 26-year-old Essex County man Ryan Williams was charged with numerous firearm and drug-related offences. He was also charged with attempting to disarm a peace officer and obstructing a peace officer.
Police also say 21-year-old April Borgiani was arrested and charged with numerous firearm and drug-related offences.
Both of the accused parties were held in custody and appeared in court on Oct. 8.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to call investigators from the S.T.E.P. at (905) 453-3311, ext. 7704.
- A Huge Sidewalk Sale is Happening at Heartland Town Centre
- Here's Why Violent Crime Is On The Rise In Brampton
- Major Changes Planned For Services Covered by OHIP
- Brampton Teen To Swim Across Lake Erie To Raise Funds For Sexual Abuse Survivors
- Brampton Fire And Emergency Services Responding To Fire At Factory
- Brampton Man Charged With Numerous Gun-Related Offences
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Three Charged With Numerous Gun and Firearm-Related Offenses in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged With Several Drug and Weapons-Related Offences
- Three Men Charged Following Firearm and Drugs Seizure