Two Planes Clip Wings at Pearson Airport
It was a stressful day for some passengers at Pearson Airport after a plane clipped the wing of another aircraft.
According to a recent CBC article, a Pakistan International Airways plane clipped the wing of an Air France jet as it taxied towards a gate on Tuesday, Jan 3.
A Greater Toronto Airport Authority spokesperson told the CBC that the Air France jet was parked at a terminal 3 gate when the two planes touched wings.
Fortunately, no one was injured and passengers told the news outlet that they didn't feel any impact at all.
Although no one was hurt, the CBC says the minor collision caused delays with disembarking and luggage retrieval, with some passengers reporting waiting more than six hours for their belongings.
The incident is being investigated by the Transportation Safety Board.
You can see a photo of the aftermath of the incident, courtesy of Twitter user JetstreamPhotography (@jetstreamphotog), above.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer