Two Schools in Lockdown Following Threatening Phone Calls in Brampton
Two Brampton schools are in lockdown due to reported threats.
Shortly before 1:30 p.m., Peel police said officers are in the Main and Steeles area in response to a report that threats have been made to a school by phone.
After that, police also said officers are in the Goreway and Richgrove area for another phone threat made against a different school.
The schools that are under lockdown include St. Francis Xavier Elementary School and Holy Spirit Catholic Elementary School.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
Police say there is no suspect info at this time.
Police say a call regarding the incident was received at 1:05 p.m.
Updates to follow.
Police say St. Francis Xavier CES has been downgraded from a lockdown to a hold and secure. Holy Spirit CES is currently in lockdown as officers investigate the threat.
Holy Spirit has now been cleared of the lockdown and was placed in hold and secure at 2:07pm.
Police say Parkway PES and WG Davis PES are in hold and secure.
The hold and secures at Parkway PES and WG Davis PES have been lifted.
- More Schools in Hold and Secure After Phone Threat in Brampton
- UPDATE: Extra Police Presence Around Brampton Schools Following Phone Threats
- UPDATED: Schools Under Lockdown, Hold and Secure in Brampton
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure Near Brampton Border
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Brampton