Two schools under hold and secure following bank robbery in Brampton
Tactical and K9 officers are on scene for a robbery investigation this afternoon.
Police were called at 11:42 a.m. for a bank robbery in the area of Mississauga Road and Sandalwood Parkway West.
The suspects, who initially fled the scene in a vehicle and are now believed to be on foot, allegedly used a gun in the robbery and took a quantity of cash.
No injuries have been reported.
Two schools — St. Daniel Comboni Catholic Elementary School and Aylesbury Public Elementary School — have been placed under hold and secure until further notice.
The investigation is ongoing.
UPDATE: A third school, Mount Pleasant Village Public Elementary School, is also under hold and secure, police reported at 12:37 p.m.
- Police no longer believe Brampton incident was a kidnapping
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Two Brampton Schools in Hold and Secure Following Reported Bank Robbery
- School in Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Brampton
- Brampton Public School In Hold And Secure Due To Robbery
- Elementary School In Hold And Secure Due To Robbery In Brampton
- Brampton Schools in Hold and Secure Following Robbery