Two schools under hold and secure following bank robbery in Brampton
Tactical and K9 officers are on scene for a robbery investigation this afternoon.
Police were called at 11:42 a.m. for a bank robbery in the area of Mississauga Road and Sandalwood Parkway West.
The suspects, who initially fled the scene in a vehicle and are now believed to be on foot, allegedly used a gun in the robbery and took a quantity of cash.
No injuries have been reported.
Two schools — St. Daniel Comboni Catholic Elementary School and Aylesbury Public Elementary School — have been placed under hold and secure until further notice.
The investigation is ongoing.
UPDATE: A third school, Mount Pleasant Village Public Elementary School, is also under hold and secure, police reported at 12:37 p.m.
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- Creators of 6ixBuzz possibly doxed via social media
- House struck during two-vehicle collision in Brampton
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Two Brampton Schools in Hold and Secure Following Reported Bank Robbery
- School in Hold and Secure Following Bank Robbery in Brampton
- Brampton Public School In Hold And Secure Due To Robbery
- Elementary School In Hold And Secure Due To Robbery In Brampton
- Brampton Schools in Hold and Secure Following Robbery