Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
Toronto Police have arrested a Mississauga man following an investigation into two incidents of sexual assault.
The first incident happened around 1:15 a.m. on September 6, 2018 in the Dundas Street East and Sackville Street area in Toronto.
A 24 year old woman who was waiting for an Uber entered a black SUV believed to be her driver.
Police say the suspect drove away, did not allow her to leave the SUV, and drove to a secluded spot where he sexually assaulted her.
She was later allowed to leave the vehicle and contacted police.
The second incident took place at 1:00 p.m. on April 8, 2019. A 21 year old woman entered the same black SUV in the area of Royal York Road and Evans Avenue in Toronto.
Police report that the driver took her to a fast food restaurant parking lot in Mississauga, where she tried to get assistance from a bystander.
He then allegedly drove her to a secluded side street, sexually assaulted her, and later dropped her off. She contacted police.
Toronto Police say they have arrested Taneem Aziz, a 36 year old Mississauga resident and Uber driver.
Aziz is charged with forcible confinement, extortion, and two counts of sexual assault.
He is scheduled to appear at Toronto West Court on Thursday, May 23, 2019.
Police believe there may be more victims and have asked anyone with further information to contact them at 416-808-7474.
Photo courtesy of Toronto Police
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Residential fire closes parts of Brampton neighbourhood
- Brampton Man Charged in Gunpoint Gang Sexual Assault in York University Area
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- Man Arrested in After Five Women Allegedly Sexually Assaulted on GO Transit
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton