UberPOOL Launches in Brampton
Uber users in Brampton are in luck!
Uber Canada announced the launch of uberPOOL in Brampton and Scarborough today. The carpooling service is now available in three municipalities in Canada: Toronto, Brampton, and Mississauga.
Riders going in the same direction can use uberPOOL to share their journey and carpool. Essentially, this means cheaper rides for passengers who aren’t afraid to share a car with other riders (and it’s an even better option during times of surge pricing).
The brand is also touting the ecological benefits of the program.
According to Uber, uberPOOL riders in Toronto have contributed to saving 4.6 million kilometers driven (or saving 220,000 litres of fuel and reducing 500,000 kgs of CO2 emissions).
"People in these communities can save money when they share their rides and help reduce the congestion on our roads by putting more people in fewer vehicles,” said Sheldon McCormick, general manager of Uber Ontario, in a statement.
As part of today's launch, a $5 flat fare is being offered on uberPOOL trips to and from Brampton GO Station, Mount Pleasant GO Station, Scarborough GO Station, and Kennedy TTC Station.
For more information on the launch of uberPOOL in Brampton and Scarborough, click here.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,956 total cases found in Brampton