UberPOOL Launches in Brampton
Uber users in Brampton are in luck!
Uber Canada announced the launch of uberPOOL in Brampton and Scarborough today. The carpooling service is now available in three municipalities in Canada: Toronto, Brampton, and Mississauga.
Riders going in the same direction can use uberPOOL to share their journey and carpool. Essentially, this means cheaper rides for passengers who aren’t afraid to share a car with other riders (and it’s an even better option during times of surge pricing).
The brand is also touting the ecological benefits of the program.
According to Uber, uberPOOL riders in Toronto have contributed to saving 4.6 million kilometers driven (or saving 220,000 litres of fuel and reducing 500,000 kgs of CO2 emissions).
"People in these communities can save money when they share their rides and help reduce the congestion on our roads by putting more people in fewer vehicles,” said Sheldon McCormick, general manager of Uber Ontario, in a statement.
As part of today's launch, a $5 flat fare is being offered on uberPOOL trips to and from Brampton GO Station, Mount Pleasant GO Station, Scarborough GO Station, and Kennedy TTC Station.
For more information on the launch of uberPOOL in Brampton and Scarborough, click here.
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- Heavy snow warning issued for Brampton
- Police looking for two suspects in connection to a robbery in Brampton
- Brampton student selected to earn prestigious award
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Something New Has Arrived on Uber
- Uber Poised to Launch Brand New Service in Brampton
- Here’s Why Some Canadian Uber Users Could Lose Access to the Popular App
- Canada ranked the second most popular tourist destination for Uber users
- BREAKING: Massive Uber Hack Exposed 57 Million Users' Personal Information Last Year