UPDATE: 14 Year Old Homicide Victim in Mississauga Identified by Friends on Social Media
Recent posts on Twitter have disclosed the name of a 14 year old boy found murdered in Mississauga.
The victim’s body was discovered in a park near Truscott Drive and Southdown Road on Saturday morning, December 7.
Shortly after, police confirmed that the incident was a homicide and was being investigated by the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau.
While police have not disclosed the victim’s identity at this time, posts about the incident from Twitter user and alleged former classmate @HashtageChoni have identified him as Riley Martin.
Please please people don’t give into violence because it is such a burden and cycle. My former elementary classmate has died this morning from being stabbed to death.— Katie G-B (@HashtageChoni) December 7, 2018
Rip Riley Martin
2004-2018 dec 7
Mary Zammit, principal at Clarkson Secondary School, sent a letter out to the school community regarding the incident.
“I’m writing to inform you about an incident that took place in our school community. Peel Regional Police have been conducting an investigation today regarding the death of a 14-year-old boy that took place in the area of Truscott Dr. and Southdown Rd. As this is an ongoing police investigation, this is all of the information we can share at this time,” Zammit wrote.
Police believe this was an isolated incident and there is no threat to public safety at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to individual in crisis in Brampton
- Mississauga High School Comments on 14-Year-Old Boy Found Murdered in Park
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Peel
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Male suspect identified in Brampton homicide investigation
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton