UPDATE: Arrests Made After Man Stabbed in Brampton
Arrests have been made following a Friday night stabbing in Brampton.
Shortly before 6:30 p.m. on Friday (Nov. 18), Peel police reported that they were in the Caledon Cr/Bartley Bull area to investigate reports that shots were fired. A short time later, police announced that they were in the Rambler Drive and Bartley Bull area to respond to reports of a stabbing.
According to Const. Paolo Carretta, one person was arrested at the scene and two—including a young offender—were arrested the following morning. The police are still searching for three more suspects.
Const. Carretta told inbrampton.com that the victim, who was airlifted to a trauma centre with life-threatening injuries, was stabbed during a home invasion. After the assault and invasion, the suspects attempted to flee the scene in a stolen vehicle.
The victim is currently listed as in serious but stable condition.
After the incident, over 20 officers and multiple tactical and canine vehicles parked around an apartment building in the area. Tactical officers were seen standing off inside the building with heavy fire power and other equipment.
The investigation is currently ongoing.
Photo courtesy of Pascal Marchand - The 4K Guy
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers