UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
The victim who lost his life in a fatal highway crash this morning has been identified.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, March 31, paramedics were called to the scene of a collision on westbound Highway 403 between Winston Churchill Boulevard and the 407.
Six ambulances were called to the area.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene, while five other patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The deceased victim is identified as 63 year old Brampton man Kumarasamy Gunaraynam.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, Gunaraynam succumbed to his injuries early Sunday morning after his vehicle was involved in the collision.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
The highway has reopened.
Photo courtesy of Sgt Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Brampton this winter
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Geese play chicken on Brampton road
- Brampton man charged after four pedestrians struck in multi-vehicle crash
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault