UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
The victim who lost his life in a fatal highway crash this morning has been identified.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, March 31, paramedics were called to the scene of a collision on westbound Highway 403 between Winston Churchill Boulevard and the 407.
Six ambulances were called to the area.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene, while five other patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The deceased victim is identified as 63 year old Brampton man Kumarasamy Gunaraynam.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, Gunaraynam succumbed to his injuries early Sunday morning after his vehicle was involved in the collision.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
The highway has reopened.
Photo courtesy of Sgt Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Tornado watch in effect for Brampton
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment