UPDATE: Dangerous Weather In The Forecast For Brampton
A special weather statement for Wednesday evening (Feb. 20) is now in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon, with freezing rain expected as another low pressure system develops over the Southern Plains and moves toward the Great Lakes.
Snow is also expected, which will begin this afternoon, and then quickly change over to freezing rain as the evening approaches.This will, however, change into normal precipitation or drizzle Thursday morning (Feb. 21) as the temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
Everyone is encouraged to be wary of travel times and untreated surfaces, the latter of which which may become icy and slippery.
Be sure to monitor forecasts issued by Environment Canada and their social media for any weather updates.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 554 new cases, 79 of those in Peel