UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead
Police are investigating a fatal collision that has left one person dead.
Around 6:00 p.m. on Friday, November 9, 78 year old Deotee Bhagwandin was crossing James Potter Road when she was hit by a vehicle travelling southbound.
Bhagwandin was taken to a trauma centre in life-threatening condition.
At 4:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 10, Bhagwandin was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police say the vehicle involved was occupied by a 51 year old male driver and a 42 year old female passenger at the time of the collision.
Investigators do not believe speed or alcohol was a factor.
The investigation is ongoing.
Witnesses and anyone with information or video footage of the incident are asked to contact police at 905-453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Man pronounced dead after being struck by vehicle in Brampton
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- UPDATE: Three Pronounced Dead After Collision in Brampton
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Brampton