UPDATE: Extra Police Presence Around Brampton Schools Following Phone Threats
Police say students will be dismissed in a controlled manner after two Brampton schools were put under lockdown due to alleged phone threats.
Around 1:00 p.m. today, Peel police said that St. Francis Xavier CES (located in the Main and Steeles Area) and Holy Spirit CES (located in the Goreway and Richgrove area) were under lockdown after threats were made against the school over the phone.
Nearby schools Parkway PES and WG Davis PES were subsequently put under hold and secure.
Both St. Francis Xavier and Holy Spirit were eventually downgraded to hold and secure status.
Police say no injuries were reported and that there's no suspect information at this time.
Now, police say students can expect a controlled dismissal. Police say that students who are walking home will notice increased police presence, and that dus students will continue home on the bus.
Parents attending the school can attend the main lobby
An officer will remain at school to assist remaining students.
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- TekSavvy files complaint against Rogers and Bell
- Scheduled school strikes suspended this week in Brampton
- Brampton man arrested after catalytic converters cut out from vehicles
- Two Schools in Lockdown Following Threatening Phone Calls in Brampton
- More Schools in Hold and Secure After Phone Threat in Brampton
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats
- UPDATED: Schools Under Lockdown, Hold and Secure in Brampton
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure Near Brampton Border