UPDATE: Heavy Rain to Persist This Weekend in Brampton
An ongoing weather alert issued by Environment Canada remains in effect today.
“Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely by Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario,” the statement reads.
While the ground is no longer frozen, Environment Canada says it still has a limited ability to absorb the heavy rainfall, which may result in water ponding in low-lying areas.
The rain is expected to continue until sometime Sunday morning.
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman
- OPP Arrest 23-Year-Old Brampton Resident Following Road Rage Incident
- Police Investigating Early Morning Shooting in Brampton