UPDATE: Heavy Rain to Persist This Weekend in Brampton
An ongoing weather alert issued by Environment Canada remains in effect today.
“Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely by Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario,” the statement reads.
While the ground is no longer frozen, Environment Canada says it still has a limited ability to absorb the heavy rainfall, which may result in water ponding in low-lying areas.
The rain is expected to continue until sometime Sunday morning.
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death