UPDATE: Heavy Rain to Persist This Weekend in Brampton
An ongoing weather alert issued by Environment Canada remains in effect today.
“Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely by Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario,” the statement reads.
While the ground is no longer frozen, Environment Canada says it still has a limited ability to absorb the heavy rainfall, which may result in water ponding in low-lying areas.
The rain is expected to continue until sometime Sunday morning.
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- Human trafficking rates alarmingly high in Region of Peel
- Police looking for two suspects in connection to a robbery in Brampton
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton collision