UPDATE: Here's the Latest on Fire in High Rise Apartment Building in Brampton
There’s some new information regarding a high rise fire in a Brampton apartment building from this morning.
According to a press release from the City of Brampton, an inspection has now been completed and most residents will be returning back to their homes, but 24 units cannot be occupied tonight.
The Region of Peel is coordinating accommodations for those residents who will not be able to stay in their homes this evening.
A warming centre will continue to remain in place at Century Gardens Recreation Centre at 340 Vodden Street East until 10 pm today.
Residents who require more information are asked to call 311.
For anyone looking to provide donations, please contact the Red Cross at 416.676.8559 or gtaresponse [at] redcross [dot] ca.
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Residential fire closes parts of Brampton neighbourhood
- High-Rise Fire Results in Partial Evacuation of Brampton Apartment Building
- Fire Crews on Scene at Apartment Building Blaze in Brampton
- Brampton Fire Department Responding To First Alarm Fire At Apartment Building
- Important Information for Brampton Residents After Massive Oshawa Fire
- Crews on Scene of High Rise Fire in Brampton