UPDATE: Here's What to do With Your Pumpkin in Brampton
UPDATE: The City of Brampton has advised that due to inclement weather, the Great Pumpkin Party has been moved to inside the Rose Theatre. Entertainment and activities will take place inside The Studio and rotunda, but the Pumpkin Smash is still happening in Garden Square.
As All Hallows Eve comes to a close, many of you might be wondering what will happen to the litany of Jack-O-Lanterns that have been gracing porches across Brampton.
You could just toss them out with the rest of your household trash, but the City of Brampton has a more creative way to give those pumpkins a more 'proper' send off.
On Thursday, November 1 from 6 pm to 8 pm, the city is asking residents to come out, in costume, and bring their Halloween pumpkins to The Great Pumpkin Party in the Garden Square at downtown Brampton.
Everyone's pumpkins will be put on display and lit up one last time, before they are prepped for compost at the "Great Pumpkin Smash."
The city is also providing free food and activities including:
Live entertainment by Envirodrum
A live glow performance
A cookie decorating station
A roaming magician
Various community Booths
For more information on this event, click here.
Are you ready to say goodbye to your Jack-O-Lanterns until next year?
Photos and graphics courtesy of The City of Brampton
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- A Brampton-Based Healthcare Project Is Expanding To Other Cities Across Ontario
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences