UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
Officers have arrested and charged a man following a string of sexual assaults that occurred within the past two months.
Police report four separate incidents between September 24 and October 20, one in Brampton and three in Mississauga, in which a male suspect approached a female victim at a bus stop, exposed himself, and sexually assaulted the victim.
In the most recent incident on Saturday, October 20 at 2:20 p.m., police say the male approached and sexually assaulted a 17 year old female from Mississauga at a bus stop in the area of Financial Drive and Creditview Road in Mississauga.
Roughly four hours later at 6:27 p.m., police arrested the suspect. He is identified as Trevor Kamhunga, a 32 year old man from London, Ontario.
Kamhunga is charged with four counts of sexual assault, one count of uttering threats, one count of forcible confinement, and one count of obstructing police.
The victims were not injured in any of the incidents.
Anyone with further information related to this investigation is asked to contact the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton
- Milton murder victim identified as Brampton teenager
- 112 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 25 new cases found in Brampton
- Brampton councillor proposing park name change to honour abolitionists
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- Peel Police Seeking the Public’s Help Following Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- Police Searching for Suspect of Multiple Sexual Assaults in Brampton
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
- Man Arrested in After Five Women Allegedly Sexually Assaulted on GO Transit
- Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents