UPDATE: One dead in Brampton shooting, police searching for suspects
A fatality has been reported following a shooting this evening.
Police were called at 6:19 p.m. for a shooting in the area of Rosepac Avenue and Metzak Drive, near the intersection of Conestoga and Bovaird Drive East.
One adult male was shot and has been pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the suspects in this incident fled the scene in a white vehicle.
Rosepac and Metzak are closed to traffic until further notice.
Police have issued a correction to their former statement, clarifying that only one person was shot, not two.
Peel Police’s Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau has been notified and will be investigating.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar