UPDATE: One dead in Brampton shooting, police searching for suspects
A fatality has been reported following a shooting this evening.
Police were called at 6:19 p.m. for a shooting in the area of Rosepac Avenue and Metzak Drive, near the intersection of Conestoga and Bovaird Drive East.
One adult male was shot and has been pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the suspects in this incident fled the scene in a white vehicle.
Rosepac and Metzak are closed to traffic until further notice.
Police have issued a correction to their former statement, clarifying that only one person was shot, not two.
Peel Police’s Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau has been notified and will be investigating.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford