UPDATE: Toronto Police Locate Teen After Amber Alert
Fifteen-year-old Mississauga teen Alyssa Langille has been located by Toronto police in good health.
Shortly before 11:00 a.m., Peel police announced that Langille had been found and that an investigation into her suspected abduction is ingoing.
An Amber Alert was issued for Langille in the early hours of Monday morning. On Jan. 15, a witness told police that an abduction was observed at 1:25pm on St. Barbara Boulevard at Comiskey Crescent. According to the witness, a grey or silver van came to an abrupt stop and two males exited the vehicle and forced a female inside.
Langille was reported missing on Jan. 15 at 9:22 p.m. by her family.
Peel police are thanking everyone for their efforts in locating Langille.
- Traffic light outage in Brampton causing delays
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19