UPDATE: Weather alert still in effect for Brampton
The wintery weather is going to keep hitting Brampton.
Environment Canada says a weather statement is still in effect for Peel and parts of Halton (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says snow is expected to become heavy at times this afternoon and continue through the evening.
Snowfall accumulations of 10 to 15 cm are possible by the time the snow ends late tonight. The snowfall is due to a developing low-pressure system which will track south of the lower Great Lakes today.
The afternoon commute will be more difficult for travellers.
Drivers are urged to exercise caution while commuting.
- Brampton weather advisory expected to effect afternoon commute
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Snowy weather expected to make morning commute difficult in Brampton
- Major weather statement in effect for Brampton
- Weather Alert in Effect for New Year’s Eve in Brampton