UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Brampton
Residents should be prepared for some strong and messy weather expected today and tomorrow.
Environment Canada is expecting freezing rain to begin late this evening (Saturday, March 9), with rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm possible by Sunday morning.
"Ponding of water on streets with blocked storm drains and in low lying areas is possible," EC reports.
On Sunday, southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h will develop and continue for much of the day.
The freezing rain is associated with a Colorado Low that will track through Northeastern Ontario on Sunday.
Residents should be cautious when travelling, as the freezing rain will cause highways, roads, walkways and other surfaces to become slippery.
We'll update with any further weather statements as they come.
Stay safe, Brampton!
- Police Looking For Missing Woman From Brampton
- Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- Police Investigating Robbery at Brampton Convenience Store
- Police Seek Public's Help in Brampton Vehicle Shooting Investigation
- Brampton House of the Week: Gorgeous $1.3 Mil Home With Modern Interior