UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Brampton
A weather statement issued for heavy rainfall remains in effect today.
According to Environment Canada, periods of rain will become heavier once again early this morning (Saturday, April 20) with amounts of 15 to 25 mm are possible by this evening.
The rain is expected to taper off to drizzle this evening and completely stop by Sunday morning.
"Although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas," Environment Canada reports.
We'll update with any further weather statements regarding this rain.
- Heavy Police Presence Due To Distressed Man In Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Two Men In Connection To A Homicide In Brampton
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- Peel Police Concerned About Missing 53-Year-Old Man From Brampton
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences