UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Brampton
A weather statement issued for heavy rainfall remains in effect today.
According to Environment Canada, periods of rain will become heavier once again early this morning (Saturday, April 20) with amounts of 15 to 25 mm are possible by this evening.
The rain is expected to taper off to drizzle this evening and completely stop by Sunday morning.
"Although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas," Environment Canada reports.
We'll update with any further weather statements regarding this rain.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga