Vehicle in Pond After Driver Lost Control on 410
A driver has fled the scene after losing control of their vehicle and driving it into a pond this afternoon in Brampton.
Earlier, Peel Regional Police reported emergency services were on scene and northbound Heart Lake was closed at Sandalwood around 3:47 p.m.
According to Peel police, the incident was a fail to remain collision on the 410 southbound at Sandalwood. The driver allegedly exited the intersection and lost control of the vehicle at Heart Lake.
Subsequently, the car slid into a pond at Heart Lake and Sandalwood.
“The driver took off on foot,” said Const. Mark Fischer.
Northbound Heart Lake is currently closed at Sandalwood and emergency services are on scene. No injuries have been reported.
The OPP is continuing the investigation.
Drivers will want to avoid the area.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Emergency Services on Scene After Collision in Brampton
- Driver Flees Scene of Collision in Brampton
- Driver struck by vehicle after altercation with other driver: Peel police
- Roads Closed Due to Collision and Driver Transported to Hospital in Brampton
- Roads Closed and Peel Police on Scene Following Motor Vehicle Collision in Brampton