Vehicle Involved in Fatal Hit-and-Run Located in Brampton
One person has been arrested following a collision that took a pedestrian's life.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15 in Mississauga. A 61 year old woman named Layla Wilke (pictured above) was struck by a vehicle while she crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove. The vehicle then fled.
Wilke was pronounced dead on the scene.
Shortly before 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, Febraury 17, a male accompanied by his lawyer surrendered himself to Peel Police in Brampton.
The vehicle believed to be involved in this incident, a small white car, was also located in Brampton.
The investigation is ongoing. Police thank the public for its assistance.
Photo via Peel Regional Police
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Brampton Residents Charged in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead
- Police identified type of vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run in Brampton
- Man pronounced dead after being struck by vehicle in Brampton
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead