Very Important Waste Collection News for Brampton
Although you can't quite tell based on the chilly temperatures (our pleasant winter thaw is well and truly over), spring is around the corner.
And that means you have to start thinking about yard waste.
The Region of Peel recently reminded Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon (urban areas only) residents that yard waste collection starts the week of Monday, March 12.
Residents in rural areas of Caledon will have their yard waste picked up on designated Fridays.
If you're unsure of your normal pickup schedule, you can check it here.
Residents should also note that some special waste collection caveats apply to residents in certain areas.
Malton residents in the Asian longhorned beetle quarantined area cannot move any yard waste, nursery stock, trees, logs, lumber, wood, wood chips and bark chips out of the restricted area.
The region says yard waste in this area will be collected from the curbside on regularly scheduled collection days, but cannot be accepted for drop-off at any of the region's community recycling ventres.
Yard waste must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on a resident's collection day. It should be placed in acceptable bins, containers and/or bags.
A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
- Clearly labelled “yard waste”,
- Rigid and reusable with handles that are attached or molded to the exterior,
- Smaller than 60 cm (24 in.) wide and 95 cm (38 in.) high, and,
- Less than 20 kg (44 lbs.), when full.
A Kraft brown paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
- Support a maximum weight of 20 kg (44 lbs.) when lifted, without tearing,
- securely close when full, and,
- be smaller than 66 cm (26 in.) wide and 90 cm (35 in.) high.
Residents can use their old garbage container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection. All repurposed containers must be in good condition and clearly labelled “yard waste” to be collected.
- Peel Police Respond to Collision Involving a School Bus in Brampton
- MISSING: Police Looking for 11 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Brampton Will Ban U-turns at 3 High Risk Locations
- Brampton Looking to Recruit Police from Quebec Following Controversial Ban
- 5 Urban Legends of Brampton to Make Your Skin Crawl