Victim Trying to Buy Car in Brampton Gets Robbed at Gunpoint
Peel police are investigating a gunpoint robbery in Brampton involving a vehicle listed for sale.
The incident took place on March 2 at 2:30 p.m.
Investigators say the victim met the suspect in a hotel near Airport and Coventry roads to discuss the sale of a car, where they agreed on a price.
The victim then met the suspect in a parking lot by Sunny Meadow Blvd. and Red River Dr. between 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m., near Sandalwood Pkwy. E. and Bramalea Rd.
That’s when the suspect “pulled a handgun from his waistband and made a demand for the cash the victim brought to purchase the vehicle,” said Const. Paolo Carretta.
The victim wasn’t injured.
The suspect is described as South Asian, standing 5-foot-10 to six feet tall with curly hair. He was wearing a black sweater with a zipper and blue pants which were faded in front.
Police are reminding residents they’ve created designated ‘buy and sell exchange zones’ at police stations located at 7750 Hurontario St. and 4600 Dixie Rd.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the 21 Division criminal investigation bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 2133 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Suspect On the Run After Knife-Point Robbery in Brampton
- Victim Injured After Being Robbed by Suspect with Knife in Brampton
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Two Gunpoint Bank Robberies in Brampton
- Suspect Charged in Brampton Gunpoint Carjacking
- Police searching for suspect after female victim attacked with weapon in Brampton