Victims Identified in Horrific Brampton Crash
Peel police are asking anyone with any information about a fatal Brampton crash to please come forward.
On Monday, Dec. 5 at approximately 7:00 a.m., a black Hyundai Sonata was traveling northbound on Highway 50 at Cottrelle Blvd. in Brampton. When the driver turned westbound on Cottrelle, a transport truck traveling south struck the vehicle in the intersection. The car then struck a black Acura.
The crash killed one woman and injured several other people, including a child.
Nirmala Bhandari, 77, was pronounced dead at the scene. Veena Bhandari, 52, Neha Bhandari, 29 and Diya Bhandari, 6, were transported to Toronto trauma centres and remain in serious but stable condition.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the drivers prior to the collision to please come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- Police searching for single suspect in relation to restaurant robbery in Brampton
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- Peel police issue dozens of speeding tickets over two-day period in Brampton
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
- Police Identify Young Victim in Fatal Brampton Crash
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Woman Dies in Brampton Crash
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Crash Which Killed Brampton Man
- Witnesses Sought After Brampton Crash Injures Two