VIDEO: 100 Car Pile-Up in Bowmanville
If you thought the massive 40-car pileup on the 410 outside of Brampton was bad, be thankful you weren't traveling down the 401 in Bowmanville over the weekend.
On Jan. 7, the OPP announced that it had to close both the east and westbound sides of the highway in Bowmanville for several hours due to abysmal road conditions. The OPP reports that officers responded to multiple collisions that involved approximately 100 vehicles.
Yup, you read that right—100 cars.
A tractor trailer jackknifed and rolled over during the incident and several people were transported to hospital with minor injuries.
In the first video, you can see the general disarray that resulted from the poor conditions.
Thankfully, no fatalities or serious injuries occurred and all involved parties who were taken to hospital have since been released.
In the second video, you can see multiple cars—including a transport truck—lose control and start veering off the road and colliding with one another.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- VIDEO: Tractor Trailer Collision Affecting Highway Traffic in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy Video of Wheel Flying Off an SUV on a Hwy in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Truck rollover on Highway 410 in Brampton
- VIDEO: Transport Truck Full of Food Rolls Over in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Time-lapse Video of the Big Pour at Ching Park