VIDEO: 100 Car Pile-Up in Bowmanville
If you thought the massive 40-car pileup on the 410 outside of Brampton was bad, be thankful you weren't traveling down the 401 in Bowmanville over the weekend.
On Jan. 7, the OPP announced that it had to close both the east and westbound sides of the highway in Bowmanville for several hours due to abysmal road conditions. The OPP reports that officers responded to multiple collisions that involved approximately 100 vehicles.
Yup, you read that right—100 cars.
A tractor trailer jackknifed and rolled over during the incident and several people were transported to hospital with minor injuries.
In the first video, you can see the general disarray that resulted from the poor conditions.
Thankfully, no fatalities or serious injuries occurred and all involved parties who were taken to hospital have since been released.
In the second video, you can see multiple cars—including a transport truck—lose control and start veering off the road and colliding with one another.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31
- VIDEO: Tractor Trailer Collision Affecting Highway Traffic in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy Video of Wheel Flying Off an SUV on a Hwy in Brampton
- VIDEO: Transport Truck Full of Food Rolls Over in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Time-lapse Video of the Big Pour at Ching Park
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Dangerous Road Rage in Brampton