VIDEO: Dump Truck Rollover Collision on Highway 410
A three vehicle collision, including a dump truck, has caused many lanes on Highway 410 southbound to be blocked off.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt says the collision occurred south of Courtney Park and North of 401 in the afternoon. It has blocked off the three left lanes, including the HOV lane, as well as part of the right lane.
The dump truck has rolled over leaving construction material, such as old asphalt, all over the southbound highway. It has left other debris on both the northbound and southbound highways. The other two cars have been removed off the highway.
The driver has been taken to the hospital with moderate injuries as well as another person who has not been identified.
The OPP and fire unit is on scene. The OPP is currently investigating the incident and will continue to do so for the next couple of hours. Cleanup and recovery will also take some time. It will take several hours for the lanes to reopen.
This has caused major delays on the highway just before rush hour. Highway 410 Northbound and Southbound are slow leading up to this collision.
Travellers are advised to find an alternate route or to avoid the area.
Photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP.
- Building evacuated, roads closed due to potential ammonia leak in Brampton
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Landlords choosing to evict commercial tenants rather than apply for government aid
- Three teens arrested for arson at Brampton elementary school
- Truck Falls Into Ditch Following Collision On Highway 410 Southbound
- Lanes Blocked Following Collision On Highway 410 Southbound In Brampton
- Lane Blocked On Highway 410 Southbound Due To Collision In Brampton
- Three Lanes Blocked on Highway 410 Southbound
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 410 Southbound In Brampton Due To Collision