VIDEO: Dump Truck Rollover Collision on Highway 410
A three vehicle collision, including a dump truck, has caused many lanes on Highway 410 southbound to be blocked off.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt says the collision occurred south of Courtney Park and North of 401 in the afternoon. It has blocked off the three left lanes, including the HOV lane, as well as part of the right lane.
The dump truck has rolled over leaving construction material, such as old asphalt, all over the southbound highway. It has left other debris on both the northbound and southbound highways. The other two cars have been removed off the highway.
The driver has been taken to the hospital with moderate injuries as well as another person who has not been identified.
The OPP and fire unit is on scene. The OPP is currently investigating the incident and will continue to do so for the next couple of hours. Cleanup and recovery will also take some time. It will take several hours for the lanes to reopen.
This has caused major delays on the highway just before rush hour. Highway 410 Northbound and Southbound are slow leading up to this collision.
Travellers are advised to find an alternate route or to avoid the area.
Photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Canadian man who was set to be deported from U.S. gets COVID in custody, dies
- Truck Falls Into Ditch Following Collision On Highway 410 Southbound
- Lanes Blocked Following Collision On Highway 410 Southbound In Brampton
- Lane Blocked On Highway 410 Southbound Due To Collision In Brampton
- Three Lanes Blocked on Highway 410 Southbound
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 410 Southbound In Brampton Due To Collision