VIDEO: Iconic Landmark Removed After 44 Years on Brampton Roof
Brampton is an old city that’s constantly changing. Now, an iconic vehicle has been removed from its parking space for the past 44 years.
That’s right, Brampton’s beloved red Volkswagen Beetle just spent its last days on the roof at Brampton Vee World Motors on Hansen Road.
On Thursday April 19, 2018, at 5 p.m., the Bug was removed for the first time since 1974.
Why the change?
Well, Vee World is relocating. And the Beetle itself won’t be coming with it.
“The family-owned garage shop is moving slightly further out of the city’s downtown core due to rising property taxes in Brampton,” said spokesperson Rick Henriques, Brampton Vee World Motors.
“Brampton Vee World Motors Ltd. will be relocating to 289 Rutherford Road South, Unit 20, Brampton.”
The garage will move to its new location on Monday, April 23, 2018.
“The Beetle has been a symbol of our company, and our city, for 44 years — since my dad took over ownership,” said Paula Oliveira, Brampton Vee World Motors. “The beetle will continue to live on in our new logo.”
Photos and video courtesy of Brampton Vee World Motors
- Police And Fire Department Responding To Gas Leak At Brampton Plaza
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Patrick Brown and City Council Members Launch #FairDealForBrampton Program