VIDEO: Liberal Campaign Signs Stolen from Brampton, Dumped in King City
Amidst a heated campaign election period, several lawn signs for Ontario Liberal MPP Harinder Malhi were reportedly stolen and dumped in King City.
Malhi, who is seeking re-election in Brampton North in June, recently tweeted a video of the clean-up.
Bringing our stolen Campaign lawn signs back home to #BramptonNorth from an empty field in King City. Whoever brought them here is interfering with democracy and the hard work of volunteers. That's not the way we roll at @OntLiberal #brampoli #onelxn pic.twitter.com/jhGHqr6Cf6— Harinder Malhi (@Harindermalhi) May 19, 2018
According to Malhi, the campaign signs were stolen from Brampton North and littered in an empty field in King City.
“Whoever brought them here is interfering with democracy and the hard work of volunteers,” reads the tweet.
As of May 22, 2018, the tweet has garnered eight concerned responses, 19 retweets, and 37 likes.
The act has been called “horrible,” “terrible,” and “annoying” by the Twitter users who responded.
“Someone is not playing nicely in the sandbox!” said one user. “Let’s be adults and have a fair electoral process for all.”
The video has over 1,000 views as of May 22.
- Brampton City Council Proposing To Ban All Election Campaign Signs
- Here is Where You Can Throw Out Election Signs in Brampton
- Brampton Councillor's New Campaign Could Cause Residents To Pay Hefty Fine
- VIDEO: Brampton Resident Seeking Help After Amazon Package Stolen from Doorstep
- Doug Ford Just Unveiled New Ontario Signs For The People