VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Brampton
Police are appealing to the public for help in identifying a suspect wanted in connection to an alleged hate crime incident that took place in a Mississauga parking lot.
Peel police say that around 8:30 pm on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, a 35-year-old Toronto woman told officers that a man was yelling racial comments and threats in a parking lot in the Mavis Road and Britannia Road area.
The victim did not suffer any physical injuries.
In a video of the incident, the suspect can be heard saying what sounds like, “I’m not from Mississauga or Brampton, white people don’t own me like you people.”
Police say the suspect is described as a white male in his 40s who was last seen wearing a black hooded sweater, a black t-shirt and a black baseball hat.
He was operating a silver, two-door Honda with a rear non-Ontario license plate reading 284888.
Police say the individual is also a suspect in two similar incidents that took place in Brampton earlier that evening.
Police say those incidents took place in two separate plazas on Hurontario Street between Ray Lawson Boulevard and Steeles Avenue West. In both incidents, the suspect is alleged to have caused a disturbance by yelling racial slurs at people in the area.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Police Searching for Shooting Suspect in Brampton
- Police Looking for Suspect Wanted for Several Offenses
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Break and Enter in Brampton
- Police Looking for Suspect After Woman Reports Assault in Brampton Park
- Police Asking For Public's Assistance In Identifying Suspect In Firearm Investigation