VIDEO: Transport Truck Full of Food Rolls Over in Brampton
Police and emergency crews are on scene following a transport truck rollover on the 410 in Brampton.
Earlier today (Oct. 12), the OPP announced a truck is blocking the southbound on-ramp from westbound Steeles.
Shortly before 3:00 p.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt posted a video of the aftermath of the crash—which involved the food-laden truck rolling over—on Twitter.
“Transport truck rollover, loaded with food. Driver taken to hospital with relatively minor injuries,” says Schmidt in the video.
According to Schmidt’s tweet, the collision was reportedly caused by excess speed.
Schmidt says that all 410 lanes are open, but slow moving.
The ramp is still closed, but should be reopened by 5:00 p.m.
UPDATE: As of 6:30 p.m., police report that a 30 year old Brampton man is charged with careless driving.
- UPDATE: New Information Revealed as Police Search for Missing Brampton Woman
- Police Investigating Early Morning Shooting in Brampton
- PHOTOS: City Honours Neville-Lake Fatal Collision With Quiet Area At Brampton Park
- PHOTOS: A New Residential Neighbourhood Is Coming To Brampton
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group