VIDEO: Two People in Critical Condition After Massive Crash in Brampton
Just after midnight, a serious collision occurred at Clarence and Rutherford in Brampton.
Fire crews were dispatched to the scene before finding a car wrapped around a pole with two people trapped in it.
The fire crew began a lengthy extrication process using hydraulic tools and the jaws of life.
The first patient was extricated about 30 minutes into the incident and the second a little over 45 minutes.
During the extrication process, paramedics treated the patient as best as they could using blankets and holding an IV bag that was connected to the patient.
According to Peel Paramedics two adult female patients were transported to a trauma centre in critical condition.
The age of the two females has not been released.
According to Peel Police the northbound lanes of Rutherford are closed between Clarence and Stafford due to an accident.
UPDATE: Both women are in stable condition.
Video from Pascal Marchand
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Pedestrian in critical condition after being struck at Steeles Ave
- Man in critical condition after collision with multiple police cruisers in Brampton
- UPDATE: Child in Stable Condition After Major Collision in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of Horrific 407 Crash
- Elderly Man in Critical Condition After Being Hit by Bus in Brampton