Warm-up Thefts on the Rise in Brampton
Do you leave your car unattended when it's warming up?
Residents should be on high-alert -- leaving your vehicle unattended while it's warming up is dangerous, say police.
Peel Regional Police say that there have been several warm-up car thefts reported today, Friday, December 15, 2017 across the region.
According to police, this type of theft occurs more often throughout the winter, when the weather is colder.
"It takes less than a minute for a thief to steal a vehicle when it is left unattended," say police.
Even if you're just warming up your car in your own driveway, you should never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to any theft of a vehicle may call Peel Regional Police at (905) 453-3311. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers online, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word “PEEL” and then your tip.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton