Warm-up Thefts on the Rise in Brampton
Do you leave your car unattended when it's warming up?
Residents should be on high-alert -- leaving your vehicle unattended while it's warming up is dangerous, say police.
Peel Regional Police say that there have been several warm-up car thefts reported today, Friday, December 15, 2017 across the region.
According to police, this type of theft occurs more often throughout the winter, when the weather is colder.
"It takes less than a minute for a thief to steal a vehicle when it is left unattended," say police.
Even if you're just warming up your car in your own driveway, you should never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
Anyone who may have any information pertaining to any theft of a vehicle may call Peel Regional Police at (905) 453-3311. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers online, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word “PEEL” and then your tip.
- Police Warning Residents to Watch Out for Car Thefts in Brampton
- Two Brampton Men Sleeping Inside Stolen Car Get Arrested
- Police Seeking Suspected Scratch Lottery Ticket Thief in Brampton and Beyond
- Vehicle Thefts on the Rise at Pearson International Airport
- Peel Police in Search of Stolen Vehicle in Brampton With Dog Inside