Watch Out for These Road Closures in Brampton Tomorrow
If you’re on the roads in downtown Brampton tomorrow, Saturday, November 11, 2017, it might be slightly trickier to navigate than usual for a few hours during the morning.
Remembrance Day is upon us, and with that, the City and Royal Canadian Legion Branches 15 and 609 have some impactful events happening during the day.
That’s all well and good, but there are some road closures all Bramptonians should be aware of, from about 10 a.m. until just past 12:30 p.m.
Here’s what the City has outlined for road closures on Remembrance Day - tomorrow, Saturday, November 11, 2017.
Closures from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Main Street South from Queen Street to Clarence Street
- Wellington Street West from George Street South to Chapel Street
Closures from 10:30 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Theatre Lane from union Street to Main Street North
Closures from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.:
- Armstrong Street between Chapel Street and Mary Street
- Chapel Street between Wellington Street and Armstrong Street
- Mary Street between Armstrong Street to the entrance of the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 15, on Mary Street
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation