Waterloo Police Arrest 17-Year-Old Brampton Teen After Fire At Massive Party
Police have arrested a Brampton teen in connection to a fire that was set during an unlawful street gathering in Waterloo.
On September 2 at approximately 10 p.m., Waterloo Police, Waterloo Fire Department, Paramedics and Wilfrid Laurier University Special Constable Service, responded to the area of Ezra Avenue and Clayfield Avenue after receiving reports of large crowds gathered in the area. During the unlawful gathering, furniture was used to start a fire on Ezra Avenue. The fire was extinguished by the fire department. There were no reported injuries as a result of the fire.
A 17-year-old Brampton male was arrested on September 9. He has been charged with one count of arson - damage to property and one count of mischief under $5,000.
He is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on October 21, 2019.
Police are continuing to investigate and are looking for anyone with relevant information to contact investigators at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Brampton Man Celebrating Massive $9 Million Lotto Win
- Massive New Playdium Location Now Open in Brampton
- One Dead and One in Hospital Following a Shooting on the 410 in Brampton
- Husband Arrested For Attempted Murder Following Disturbance Call In Brampton
- Police on Scene After Female Critically Injured in Brampton