We Now Know When a Major Superstore is Taking Over an Old Target Location in Brampton
After Target's short-lived tenure in Canada, shoppers were left wondering what stores would replace the gigantic vacant retail spaces the major American brand left in its wake when it folded in 2015.
Back in May, RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust announced that it found a few tenants for some of its former Target locations. Fortunately for shoppers, one of those incoming retailers—the popular Giant Tiger brand—is opening its doors On Nov. 4 (just in time for the holiday season).
"Since Target’s departure in 2015, RioCan’s leasing team has been diligently working to drive revenue, and in many cases reinvent the centres formerly leased to Target," the company said in a recent news release.
If you're a Shopper's World regular, you might be happy to know that the old 121,490 sq. ft. Target location will also be welcoming GoodLife Fitness, furniture store JYSK and Staples.
As you might recall, RioCan actually has very big plans for Shopper's World. While it's hard to say what the mall will look like 10, 15 or 20 years down the road, it's good to know that residents can expect a super gym and a few new retail options in the interim.
- Teenager Hospitalized After Stabbing in Brampton
- Beware of This Phone Call Scam Targeting Residents in Brampton and Beyond
- BREAKING: Brampton Will Be One of First Cities to Get Legal Pot Store
- Major Company Launches Brand New Streaming Service
- Part of Major Road Blocked After Truck Takes Down Power Lines in Brampton