Weather Advisory in Effect for Brampton
You might not want to hear this after last night's slippery road crisis, but Environment Canada recently reported that a weather advisory is in effect for Brampton (along with Mississauga, Caledon and Halton) and is warning residents to beware of possible slippery conditions on Thursday (Dec. 29) morning.
According to Environment Canada, snow is expected to develop over night across Southern Ontario and taper off late Thursday morning. Areas away from Lake Ontario can expect up to four to eight centimetres of accumulation and areas near the lake can expect less due to a rain and snow mix.
"With the snow falling during the morning rush hour, holiday travelers and commuters may experience travel delays," the report reads. "Untreated roads will likely be slippery."
Be careful out there in slippery conditions, everyone!
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases