Weather Advisory in Effect for Brampton
You might not want to hear this after last night's slippery road crisis, but Environment Canada recently reported that a weather advisory is in effect for Brampton (along with Mississauga, Caledon and Halton) and is warning residents to beware of possible slippery conditions on Thursday (Dec. 29) morning.
According to Environment Canada, snow is expected to develop over night across Southern Ontario and taper off late Thursday morning. Areas away from Lake Ontario can expect up to four to eight centimetres of accumulation and areas near the lake can expect less due to a rain and snow mix.
"With the snow falling during the morning rush hour, holiday travelers and commuters may experience travel delays," the report reads. "Untreated roads will likely be slippery."
Be careful out there in slippery conditions, everyone!
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19