Weather Alert Issued This Weekend in Brampton
Hope you like hot, humid weather, because there's more of it coming our way.
Environment Canada has issued a weather alert for extreme heat this Sunday and Monday (July 15 and 16), citing a hot and humid airmass that will affect much of Southern Ontario.
High temperatures are expected to be in the low thirties but feel closer to 40, the report states.
The nighttime seemingly won't provide much relief, with overnight temperatures only dropping to the low twenties.
A cold front is expected to move through early Tuesday, bringing an end to the heat.
As with all heat warnings, residents are advised to take precautions in order to avoid heat-related illnesses.
Remember to stay hydrated, check on older family members and neighbours, and never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway