Weather statement is in effect for Brampton
Significant rainfall is expected this long weekend, according to Environment Canada.
Rain is expected to develop late Sunday afternoon or early Sunday evening and then continue through Monday and into Monday night.
Rain is forecast to taper off by Tuesday morning. Isolated thunderstorms are also possible.
Total rainfall amounts averaging 30 to 60 mm are expected with potential for higher amounts near 80 mm over the western GTA and in the Hamilton area.
Environment Canada says it will continue to monitor the situation closely and issue additional rainfall warnings as necessary.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer