Weather statement is in effect for Brampton
Significant rainfall is expected this long weekend, according to Environment Canada.
Rain is expected to develop late Sunday afternoon or early Sunday evening and then continue through Monday and into Monday night.
Rain is forecast to taper off by Tuesday morning. Isolated thunderstorms are also possible.
Total rainfall amounts averaging 30 to 60 mm are expected with potential for higher amounts near 80 mm over the western GTA and in the Hamilton area.
Environment Canada says it will continue to monitor the situation closely and issue additional rainfall warnings as necessary.
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours