Weather Statement Issued for Thunderstorm in Brampton
It could get stormy this afternoon, according to a recent weather statement.
Environment Canada is tracking scattered thunderstorms that will move southeastward across the GTA this afternoon.
"A few of these storms may contain isolated wind gusts to 80 km/h, torrential downpours, small hail, and frequent lightning," the statement reads.
However, as the storms will be localized, some areas will not be affected.
Residents are advised to stay indoors during potentially dangerous weather and keep an eye out for further weather statements.
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- UPDATE: Woman pronounced dead after being found with life-threatening injuries
- Police looking for missing 12 year old from Brampton