Weather Warning Currently in Effect for Brampton
While we aren't worried about ice and snow anymore (at least we hope we don't have to be!), weather warnings aren’t quite a thing of the past.
In fact, there's a special weather statement in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills) right now.
Environment Canada is warning residents that strong and gusty southwest winds will pick up this afternoon and persist into the evening.
The weather agency says a deepening low pressure system racing across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay later today will bring some shower and thunderstorm activity, along with strong and gusty southwest winds.
We can expect wind gusts of 70 to 80 km/h across much of the region this afternoon.
"As a cold front blasts through Southern Ontario later today, a few higher wind gusts approaching 90 km/h are possible," Environment Canada says. "The wind gusts are strong enough to cause minor tree and building damage. A few local power outages are possible."
Environment Canada says the winds will shift to northwest in the wake of the front by this evening, then diminish quickly later tonight as a high pressure ridge moves in.
So be sure to secure any outdoor furniture and be prepared for potential power outages.
- Paramedics Called to Scene of Motorcycle Accident in Brampton
- Residents Warned to Beware of Very Convincing New Scam in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Incredible Police Takedown in Brampton
- Dating Site Releases Interesting Data About Marriage in Brampton
- Brampton Neighbourhood Ranked One of the Last Affordable Areas in the GTA