Weather warning remains in effect for Brampton
A heavy rain warning remains in effect as rainfall, combined with melting snow, is expected to continue this afternoon.
According to Environment Canada, total rainfall amounts of 40 to 60 mm are expected by midnight, with flooding likely in some areas as the frozen ground will have a reduced ability to absorb the rainfall.
“The rain will change over to freezing rain beginning later this evening as temperatures dip to near the zero degree mark,” the report says. “West winds gusting to 60 km/h will herald the end of the precipitation Sunday morning.”
Residents should watch out for flooding in low-lying areas and exercise caution while driving, as visibility will be significantly reduced.
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- TekSavvy files complaint against Rogers and Bell
- Scheduled school strikes suspended this week in Brampton
- Brampton man arrested after catalytic converters cut out from vehicles