Well-Known Beauty Brand Set to Close All Stores in Canada
Another brick and mortar retailer will no longer be with us.
A recent Canadian Press article has revealed that Crabtree & Evelyn, a once popular store known for its bath and body products, will be shuttering all of its Canadian locations.
The CP reports that the company has filed for bankruptcy protection and "plans to begin liquidating inventory so it can distribute the proceeds to creditors."
The company, like other retailers, says the closure was brought on by changes in consumer demands, the rise of e-commerce and declines in traditional retail traffic.
The brand currently operates 19 stores throughout Canada and employs 123 people.
CP says the company has accrued $15.2 million in unpaid obligations, including $24,000 in employee vacations.
So if you want to grab some Crabtree & Evelyn products for loved ones this Christmas, it's best to get them sooner rather than later.
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Dead in Brampton
- Power Out for Thousands of Brampton Residents
- People Complain About Amber Alert Following Death of 11-Year-Old Girl
- Man Wanted for Attempted Murder and Firearms Offences in Brampton
- Vigil To Be Held In Brampton For Slain 11-Year-Old Girl