What Kind of Winter Can We Expect This Year in Brampton?
As temperatures continue to dip and we get our first glimpses of snow, the question may have already crossed your mind at some point: "What kind of winter are we in store for this year?"
According to a recent forecast from the Weather Network, the answer is -- quite simply -- a classic Canadian one.
This entails widespread temperatures near or below seasonal normal, along with an active winter storm season for many areas of the country -- a strong contrast to the mild winter we experienced last year.
In terms of snow, we're set to see plenty of the white stuff this season. The Network believes a snowy winter is on the way to southern Ontario, with considerably more precipitation than last year. Frequent storms are also likely for certain areas in the province, and some of them are expected bring a variety of precipitation types (including rain) to the region.
Of course, that's not to say this winter will be particularly harsh. It will simply fall more in line with the colder, snowier winters we've experienced in Brampton over the years. So if you're a fan of the Canadian standard, it looks like you'll have one more reason to celebrate during these upcoming months.
Enjoy the season, everybody!
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports seventh straight day of fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19
- Study finds red and processed meat not associated with any health risks