What Will $1,000 Rent Get You in Brampton?
Home sales in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) hit a record high last year and if you eavesdrop at any Brampton coffee shop, from Sweet Breeze to T By Daniel, you’ll hear people kvetching about real estate and the lack of supply.
With the GTA market resembling Vancouver, the cost of living has some people opting to rent in an attempt to sock away money for that elusive down payment and badge of success: home ownership. A thousand dollars is a lot of money to some people and chump change to others. We’ve decided to find out what renters in Brampton can score for $1,000 or less. Here are five options:
5) A BACHELOR
It’s a newly constructed “junior one-bedroom.” This ad features a big sunny room, new blinds, shiny floors, and free parking. The kitchen has white cabinets and white appliances.
This Church St. apartment is close to grocery and drug stores, delis, doctors, dentists, and is convenient for those taking transit. Commuters will find easy access to the Hwy. 407 or Hwy. 410.
4) A BASEMENT
Ordering a food delivery for Tanglemere Cres. sounds like fun. This basement studio apartment in the Chinguacousy Rd. and Bovaird Dr. W. area has a separate entrance and new kitchen and bathroom. Parking and Wi-Fi are available.
“It’s best for a student or single working person,” reads the ad, and is close to a bus stop, school, and shopping market. If you want to puff indoors or hang out with your pooch, though, keep searching. No smokers or pets are allowed.
A newly renovated, “never lived in” basement is available for rent in the Chinguacousy Rd. and Sandalwood Pkwy. W. area. With lots of plazas and grocery stores nearby, the apartment is ideal for a “single person only.” The landlord is looking for a clean, quiet working professional or student.
A one-bedroom apartment with separate entrance is for rent in the McLaughlin Rd. and Bovaird Dr. W. area, complete with a ravine walk-out. The landlord is including utilities, unlimited Internet, cable, shared laundry, and a parking space. Mount Pleasant GO station is nearby. No pets or smokers.
A large one-bedroom apartment is available in a “clean, quiet building” at McMurchy Ave. S. and Queen St. W. It has a new kitchen and comes with a fridge and stove. Hydro is extra.
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton
- Milton murder victim identified as Brampton teenager
- Brampton councillor proposing park name change to honour abolitionists
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- 112 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 25 new cases found in Brampton
- 5 Brampton Apartments Available for $1,000 or Less
- How Much Does it Actually Cost to Live in Brampton Now?
- Brampton House of the Week: $1 Million Spacious Home With a Bathroom in Every Bedroom
- Cost of Living Breakdown: Brampton Vs. Mississauga
- Here’s How Much a Rental Apartment Costs in Brampton Right Now