What's Open and Closed Labour Day Monday in Brampton
Labour Day this year in Brampton is on Monday, September 2, 2019.
It originally gave workers the chance to campaign for better working conditions and pay but now it's part of a long weekend to relax.
- Bramalea City Centre (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba grocery stores
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts
- Most restaurants are open but call ahead
- Movie theatres
- Drop-in Labour Day Swim at some Community Centres in Brampton
- Most recreation facilities
- Last day for spray pads, wading pools and swimming at Professor’s Lake, Eldorado Pool
- Two Beer Store locations:
- 198 Queen St. E
- 80 Peel Centre Dr.
Other Major Malls:
Other major malls that are open:
- Toronto Premium Outlets (9:30 am to 7:00 pm)
- Square One Shopping Centre (11:00 am to 6:00 pm)
- Vaughan Mills (10:00 am to 7:00 pm)
- Eaton Centre (10:00 am to 7:00 pm)
- Pacific Mall (11:00 am to 8:00 pm).
- Shopper’s World
- Trinity Commons and other power centres
- Government offices
- Brampton Animal Shelter
- Community Centres
- Beer Store (except for the two locations mentioned above)
- City Hall
- Canada Post (no mail pickup or delivery)
- Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
- Community Recycling Centres
- Non-emergency Region of Peel services
- Brampton Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule, transit stores will be closed
- Customer Service counters at all terminals, and the Clark and Sandalwood facilities, will be closed
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
The City of Brampton will not be hosting any fireworks displays on Labour Day.
- Two Brampton Beer Store Locations Will be Open on Labour Day
- Outdoor Pools and Spray Pads Closing Soon in Brampton
- Some Beer Store locations will remain open in Brampton on Thanksgiving
- These Brampton Beer Store Locations Will be Open on Boxing Day
- Bramalea City Centre Hosting Major Event for Mother's Day