Where Do People in Brampton Commute To Work?
If recent information available is accurate, apparently not as much in Brampton as many would hope.
During an orientation for newly elected members of Brampton City Council, Wards 1 and 5 Regional Coun. Paul Vicente posted this chart showing the number of people travelling outside of Brampton to go to work, based on 2016 numbers.
According to the chart, the majority of people commute out to Mississauga or Toronto, almost 70,000 to Mississauga and almost 50,000 to Toronto. The rest go to other parts of the GTA such as Vaughan, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Richmond Hill.
This accounts for 60 per cent of Bramptonians leaving the city to go to work elsewhere.
It’s just another reminder that Brampton needs to start putting in more employment opportunities in the city to start reversing that trend.
Do you leave Brampton to go to work during the day?
- Heavy Police Presence Due To Distressed Man In Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Two Men In Connection To A Homicide In Brampton
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- Peel Police Concerned About Missing 53-Year-Old Man From Brampton
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences