Where Do People in Brampton Commute To Work?
If recent information available is accurate, apparently not as much in Brampton as many would hope.
During an orientation for newly elected members of Brampton City Council, Wards 1 and 5 Regional Coun. Paul Vicente posted this chart showing the number of people travelling outside of Brampton to go to work, based on 2016 numbers.
According to the chart, the majority of people commute out to Mississauga or Toronto, almost 70,000 to Mississauga and almost 50,000 to Toronto. The rest go to other parts of the GTA such as Vaughan, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Richmond Hill.
This accounts for 60 per cent of Bramptonians leaving the city to go to work elsewhere.
It’s just another reminder that Brampton needs to start putting in more employment opportunities in the city to start reversing that trend.
Do you leave Brampton to go to work during the day?
- Officers on Scene After Dead Body Found in Brampton
- Convicted Sex Offender Living in Brampton Area: Police
- What Are Your Actual Rights When Police Stop You?
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men